Too Humansy

So I had my first "work" weekend. Here I am, a recovering student-related workaholic faced with the concept of not having to do any extra work on the weekend. I am actually free to do what I want. This is indeed a disturbing universe.

I ended up grabbing the demo for Too Human (which apparently I was un-aware had come out). I got to tell ya, I had a blast with it. Every once-in-awhile, as a gamer, you will get lucky and find that one game that scratches the right itch at the right time. This is definetly one of those games. Too Human (for those who don't know) basically takes the action-rpg genre and applies it to the console. If you were watching, the game looks like similar to Ninja Gaiden or God of War. If you are playing however, it is a lot less button mashing then those kinds of games (which I am terrible at). I think what appeals to me the most about Too Human is that I really feel like a total bad ass when I cut through bad guys. So many times in action-rpg games, not enough attention is given to the "visceral" nature of the game. Yeah you get loot and exp, but you need to feel like you earned it.

What is sad about Too Human is the whole gaming media frenzy over it. There was a lot of hype, a lot of disappointment, a lot of hype again, and then a mixture of both. I've been browsing over a few forums and it is interesting to see how much fighting and bickering their is over this game. Actually, now that I think about it, maybe this will lower people's expectations and they will end up having a better time. Who knows. Well I'm definetly excited about the August 18th and cannot wait to get my hands on a copy.

No comments: