Robots, El Diablo, Inner City Pressure, and the Infinite Possiblites of Tommorow

Yo ho friends and family (and any other viewers)! After finally getting our internet setup in our new Chicago Apartment, I was about to launch WoW but decided I fully owe to the people to post about my current status.

Laura and I felt extremly rushed during our last weeks in Flordia. There was so much to enjoy and for me, a lot to revel in. Smashout was (for the most part) considered a success by Full Sail. Our presentation was one of those moments that I'll be chasing to feel again probably for the rest of my life. It was actually kind of tought to go from 5 months of daily routine of improving a game to suddenly in about a day see that game done, packaged, and released. While some work is still left to be done on the Full Sail Arcade Cabinet version, I am going to miss this game and I am going to miss my team. Academically speaking, it was the best time of my life.

So we packed it all in and got the hell out of dodge. We spent a day with our friends in Georgia (congrats on the baby Jess and Kevin!) and then headed back to homeland Fort Wayne, IN. After staying there for a few days we got the call (John Paul? John Paul!) from the movers and headed over to Chicago. It has been several exhausting days of moving in and to top it off, we had a Wedding to attend on Saturday. While we are still recovering, our place is really starting to feel like home. I will post some pics on my Google Picasa album soon. I have to say that so far I am very paranoid in Chicago. I am really not used to Big Cities and always feeling a little freaked out when going around. Laura is handling it a lot better then me. She has always been more adventourus while I'm just a big homebody that would rather order in.

Before leaving Florida (and after getting to Fort Wayne) we headed out and saw WALL-E. This is simply one of the greatest movies I have ever seen and to prevent myself from spoiling it, I will just say get your ass to the theater and experience it. On other news, my friends and I collectively squealed like little girls and the annoucment of Diablo 3. Man-o-man, I cannot wait for this game. As my good friend Adam put it, we are constaly "Chasing Diablo." We are always hoping that someone will get it (which made Hellgate even more of a dissapointment) but I guess we just had to wait for the creators to bring it back.

Well I'll be starting work on the 21st. I'm pretty excited but at the same time scared as hell. I've always done my craft in an academic instituion and I'm hoping I can make the transition with some ease. Either way, there is just a whole bunch of stuff happinin. I'm love this plan and I'm excited to be a part of it.

2 comments:

sparkletone said...

You. Me. Us. Dinner. When you get a chance.

Binty job I spent last dinner yammering about? Going away very, very soon. New job: Looks to be very not binty.

Also. It's 3 miles from my apartment.

Go me.

Naveen Nattam said...

is binty good or bad?