Chunks and Tools

I've got a new work method which has been going well over that last couple of days. I've been setting myself a few tasks from my goal (in this case the basic demo I mentioned before) and limiting myself to only those tasks in that day. While in some cases I could get more done, I've been forcing myself to quit and just do something else once my tasks are done. I feel this system is gonna be a good fit for a few reasons:

1. Prevent Burnout
2. Keep my mind and time free for school
3. Hellgate London

So I am gonna keep to this. The basic Tile Editor is working in the Map Editor. Right now I have a basic map with a simple navigation graph tied to it saving and loading. The next step in the schedule is to produce a simple tech demo that shows the map and has one moving object using the navigation graph. After that, we go back to the editor and add some more features to place objects such as spawners and items. I'm gonna keep bouncing back and forth between the engine and Map editor. The Animation Editor will be left as it is for the time being but I will need to come and make some definite changes to the interface but I am putting that far down my list for the time being since the editor works in its current form (just not very clean and riddled with bugs). In fact, when I get back to it, I may take certain parts of the code and just rebuild the damn thing but not until the Map Editor is done.

I've been keeping the mantra "one tool, one game" rather then letting myself become overwhelmed with "one tool, any game." The latter thought is my personal enemy and what seriously hampers me a lot of times.

So now for some more promo stuff for Zombpocolypse. I have been getting some test sprites ready to work with. For the SGP game, I made some "circle men" sprites which were so damn simple to draw and animate. Keeping with that tradition, take a look at the basic player and zombie test sprites.



Yeah..thats awesome programmer art.

1 comment:

Laura "Sko" said...

#4. Build Paper Airplanes With Fiance