Lemony Crappit

I was about to shut down my school laptop and pack it up when I accidently spilled a less then a handful amount of water on the touchpad. Within less than a new-york minute, the laptop shut off and is now a state of defunct non-usage. Crappit. Fortunately I learned a while back that I have to not become computer specific on my work. If my enviroment can't be replicated, then there is some problems with how I have it setup.

I unpacked my old shoddy laptop from before school and got VS 2005 up and running on it. I cleared out a bunch of old junk and attempted to get the computer into a better condition. While it stinks to have been set back, It is nice that even in the face of a crash, I am able to keep working. The shoddy-top will be usable on the trip and I still plan to do my memory management research in-between world-class meals at the Maleckis (Laura's Grandparents).

I hate how fragile our work enviroments can be. This little disaster has taught me that you have to be prepared to switch comps and keep at it.

No comments: