School Date #...ummm....

I just realized I have not really posted anything about school and now would actually be a good time to do so!

I just finished my six month of classes here at Full Sail. Classes were Windows Programming 2 and 3D content creation. WP2 was a fun class. We did a lot of c# which I have some background in and found it to be relatively simple. The biggest benfit was talking to our teacher Chuck who was wealth of information and was always willing to look up something if he didn't know the answer. 3D content creation is pretty much a short crash course in what Artists do for games. We learned a bit about rendering pipelines and several different terms. Not an increadible class but I can see where some of its uses come in.

Our project for 3DCC was to create a map in UnrealEd. This proved to be a little more fun then I thought. Instead of making a pretty map, I spent my time working with UnrealScript to create to create a simple train that had two switches that toggle it backwards and forwards on its tracks. The idea behinds its use was that in a CTF game, players would need the train to carry the flag bearer back to their base so this created fights being around getting ahold of the train. The train came out pretty decent and I was able to even get a speed table in there so it knew how fast it was supposed to go on a certain interval of the train. UnrealScript presented a decent challenge of reading through tons of documentation. While I am by no means a master, it was fun to actaully do some real game scripting. Hopefully I can get my 2d game into a good state to start adding some gameplay to it. But first off....getting that collision/physics demo I wanted!

No comments: