R&D to the rescue

Around my sophmore year of college at Purdue, a series of events and choices started me on to programming. While it was very early on and was primarly different forms of scripting, I got into it very quickly. I would spend too many countless hours researching ceaslessly researching and diving into as many tutorials as I could find. As the years went by, I went from scripting to what you could call "real programming languages." At the end of school, I realized I wanted to be a programmer for games and made the decision to go to Full Sail. Since I got here, I've spent almost all my time outside of class doing more research and looking up various topics. I started a side project (which I am trying to get a demo done but being slowed down by classes) to focus my efforts and have come across all kinds of things in my endevors.

Up until now, most of my r&d has been somewhat useful in class but I found that I could not bring much of the advanced stuff to my class work (teachers asked to keep the code simple) but last night was a good time in a Software Architecture. In one lab, a ton of the research I have been doing paid off. It is truly a kickass feeling.

No comments: