I may just cry

I just got my first iteration of a 2d solid node bsp working! It does work too well to keep objects (except points) outside but works beautifully to keep them inside! So far I've been taking it through its practices and got my first real floating point math error! Very proud to enter this age of computer number storing problems and work out solutions for them!

So with the Solid-node bsp to represent the world done (well so far I have to build it at run-time and none of it is externally loaded(very bad)...I am going to have to work on that part later) its time work on the object sorting bsp. At least I get the basics of BSP trees now.

That also brings up another point, after going through a bit with my software architecture code I'ev resulted that this code is more or less a prototype. Since this is my first stab at a big small game, some of the code smacks of first attempt. Most of my code is meant more to be a series of notes on how to implement what I did again in new code.

As Ryan Pedela taught me, code is not sacred..and what I added "But the knowledge of what you did and how you did it is!"

Oh btw, Shrek 3 was very funny. Much better "3" then Spider-man 3.

1 comment:

Laura "Sko" said...

I can attest to this... I had the tissues ready. Then at about 3am I gave up and went to bed. ;)