In the lab...

Been a while since I posted, so I figured I should let y'all on in.

Amidst utter madness and imbalance going on right now, I've still been dedicated to Combo Storm. I really do feel that this is finally going to be the 'game.' So among the many things post-charger the newest system to be added is Weapon Upgrades.

Here is how it works: When you perform a combo, you do some bonus damage - that bonus damage is also considered combo points. A portion of those points get added to each weapon that was involved in the combo. Once you earn enough points with a weapon, it will upgrade. My hopes with this is to create a bit of "level strategy" where you will want particular upgrades to help with waves at different points in a level.

Right now upgrades have been kind of lame - I just have the main gun shoot faster, etc. I'm going to spend sometime this brewing up some fun ideas and then wrapping that up for a new proto. What I'm hoping is the the upgrades will do more of a status effect to the enemy rather then simply more damage. Some suggestions:

  • Gas Can upgrade makes it a proximity mine
  • Hip Shot (LMB) becomes a faster submachine gun
  • Laser causes slow down
Not much to work off, but I think its a start. If you have any ideas hit me up here or at my email!

I'm out-y 5000.

No comments: