More thoughts and notes

I've been sharing my idea was some close associates and getting great responses. They seem very excited to see a working prototype of the game.

Raj and I shot around some more ideas briefly and this is what we came up with:

  • Aggression Mod : Enemies touched by the ball will turn and attack other enemies
  • Slow Down Mod: Touched enemies will slow down. Placing enough mods in will give you the ability to slow down the whole game.
  • Super Ball Combos: When a certain combination of mods is placed into the slots, the ball gains a truly unique ability. One example would be a super nuke ball. The whole idea with the combos is a way to put in unique abilities that don't fit in well as mods.
Grant also threw in the idea of holes in the levels that enemies can be tossed down. He mentioned that this would be a good way to use the Gravity mod effectively. If tech reasons get in the way, I may have to turn these into "electric fields" or something for rendering reasons.

I also started working on an online task spreadsheet ( thank you google docs!) to keep myself...well...on task. Right now I'm going to be retooling the Smashout Editor and getting all the basic level data setup. For now, this is going to be limited to shapes. The first tech demo will have the level in 3d along with the cannon. From there I'll move onto basic projectile-enviroment collision.

No comments: