Blissful Union and a Cat to boot

Well folks, it finally happened. Laura and I tied the blessed knot on Saturday Sept 6th and our lives are permanetly different from now until forever...and I could not be happier.

Laura made a good point that we should try to get our thoughts out as soon as possible in efforts to remember as much as possible. Apprently its very common to forget to a lot of the individual things that happen at your wedding. I chuck this up to the incredible lack of rest people involved get. I can tell you for certain that Laura and I were running on a collective 2 hours (and I think that was mostly me).

Below you will discover what happened on Wednesday but I'll just say that we made it into Wisconsin extremely late on Thursday night (I think technically it was Friday). We made anchor at a hotel near Greendale, WI which was 45 minutes or so from the actual reception hotel. The next morning I forced Laura to eat breakfast since she would be running around a lot with her mom and sister taking care of last minute things. I hit up the tux shop with Laura's Dad Tom. As we approached the counter, groomsmen extrodinaire Chris Barngrover surprised me by arriving right behind us. I have no idea when he started his trip to Wisconsin from Indiana, but he made great time. While all three of us got fitted into our tuxes, my brothers Raj and Praveen (with his son Kaiden and wife Jenni in tow) arrived. We chatted it up then proceeded to basically have a several mistakes be made by the tux shop. I think almost all the pants were hemmed way higher then they were supposed too. To top it off, groomsmen Nate Summers measurments were said to "never have arrived." This was not the truth and someone at the shop dropped the ball. So suddenly I found myself getting a tiny slice of what Laura and her mom Linda have been experiencing for about a year. A quick plan was put in place and a phone call was made to have Nathan take a detour to Kenosha, WI (he had just left Chicago) and head straight to the tux shop supply center to get fitted and have a tux made special for him. At this point, I was behind schedule and Chris was nice enough to take me to Photographer's Shop so I could discuss some stuff with them involving the large engagment photo and frame. Apparently a misprint had happened but the Photographer went ahead and orderd a new one. So with that all set, Chris and I headed to Waukesha to get ready for the reherasal dinner. It was actually quite an awesome thing that he was my ride cause for those don't know, Chris and I have not really talked to one another in almost a year and a half. A lot had transpired and it was a blast to get back in touch - one on one. Well we made it to the hotel, got changed, and headed to the rehersal. After about 15 looong minutes, my folks arrived and we began the rehersal. It went very well and everyone had a pretty good time but then we headed out to the dinner and that was definetly when I knew this wedding was going to be an incredible time. We had so much fun talknig and chatting with everyone. Everything seemed to flow so well, with people just discussing whatever and not making a point to talk about wedding-only stuff. I even got a world of warcraft discussion in there for a few minutes. I was also pleasently surpised when I was presented with a "Groom's Cake" that was in the shape of a massive deep dish pizza (with white choclate shredded cheese!). After the dinner, we all headed back to the hotel and almost all the guys met up at the bar where Raj covered the bill of many a beer and just a few shots. I believe I ranted a bit but we'll just say it was like a live concert with no bootlegging allowed. After it was over, most of us stumbled to Adam's room and a heroic effort was made to get everyone Dennys. Whether this was a good thing or not, I'm not so sure. And that was day one. What a day it was. Now it is getting kind of late and I will post part 2 : The Wedding tommorow but I have a special annoucment to make here live on the blog that contains a sneak peek of tommorow's post.

During the actual ceremony, the priest (Father Barbian) mentioned that we need to share the love that comes from our union with those who do not have it. When I looked at Laura and she looked at me, we both thought of one special little guy. On Wednesday, Laura had the fortune to be approached by a adorable 8 month old kitty. This cat clung to Laura and she could not resist taking him inside. I got home and met this little guy and was blown away at just how playful and loveable he was. On Thursday, instead of thinking of the massive-life altering event that was about to occur, we became wholly consumed with figuring out how to take care of this little guy. We raced down to a vet and turned him in to get nudered and declawed as well as be taken care of over the weekend. It was storming and we had to put him in a cardboard box. We had to get there fast because they were about to close (thankfully they stayed open later for us). I illegally parked and Laura jumped out of the car with the box. She heroically ran down the sidewalk with this little kitty trying to jump out of the box. I parked several (and I mean several) blocks away and ran back in the rain. We were able to get him in and get the bills covered. Now today (or at least yestered to be technical) we went and picked him up. He is the most adorable cat I have ever met and I can't wait to get to know him more.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet the latest Nattam, Sully McGonnacal Nattam.







...and my wife is pretty adorable too. Here is some live action footage,

2 comments:

Laura "Sko" said...

i am wifey! :-p you ma hubby! he's our sully! one teenie happy family!

Laura "Sko" said...

Yeay! OK time for a wedding post! ;) xoxo