For Laura

If you have read Laura's Blog, you will know that we are going through a bit of "tough" part of our lives. Maybe tough is a bit of an over statement. Laura and I made an extra big effort to always talk about the future and how things may go for us career-wise. One thing was for sure, Laura's career was not going to be in Chicago. Her dreams were to get into 3d animation for Film and Television and that just was not the kind of job available in the Windy City. We knew early on that she may have to go to California for a brief stint at a big animation house. What we didn't see coming was an perfect job in New Jersey seek her out. It happened and we both took big breaths and realized that just a meager two weeks after getting married, we were going to have to live apart for an extended period of time. This was an opportunity she could not just pass up. It was worth a shot to go out and give it a whirl. After a whirlwind weekend, she is now in New Jersey (taking temporary residence with her sister in NYC). Today is her first day and I hope its the start of the career she always wanted.

As for me, I thought I could be a lot stronger about this. I regret breaking down a bit in front of Laura and not giving her the extra confidence she needs right now. I am resolved to make my "cushy" position in Chicago a home base that she can call at any time. This is gonna be a tough time for us. We both want whats best for out future, and that often calls for sacrifices. I get Sully to keep me company (or Sully has me to keep him company) and has proven to be extra affectionate after the weekend without us.

I want to make a special super thank you to all our family for stepping up and helping us out in our time of need. I know we got so much help during the wedding but to still have everyone ready to drop what they are doing and help us again is just overwhelming. We are truly blessed to have such good people in our lives.

I love my wife and I want to be back with her as soon as I can but I also love my wife and want whats best for her.

I know you can do this honey. I love you more with more then I thought I ever had in me.

Now go and git em.

1 comment:

Laura "Sko" said...

Just want to say, I love you so very much.. and now that we're here together again.. you are my strength, my rock, my home. Wherever you are is home to me, and I love you always.