ARZ Dev update

Since my net has been down (I'm doing this from work), I have found myself with a lack of entertainment at home. Too Human has completly run its course (way sooner then I had hoped) and now I'm kind of bored. With this in mind, I've been trying to do more around the apartment and have finally jumped back into my side project: Attack of the Robo Zombies. Initally, I went on a campaign to refactor a large chunk of code from Smashout. This included the editor which I got into better shape. Just last night I finally finished getting the basic level data loaded and displaying. Now its time to develop a collision system and get a demo ready for all of you.

My approach to ARZ has been similar to Smashout: get it out and play it. I'll be the first to say my code is not some amazing stroke of software architecture. Instead its a lot more about rapid development - just get it done, stick to KISS, avoid unreadable code (since you will need to r&d the proto later), and get it online.

With that in mind, I'm hoping by the end of this week you will see some a tech demo.

No comments: