Who is Space Ballz?

As always we open with a screen shot.



Space Ballz is revamp # 3 on my journey to make a friggin game. I'm feeling pretty good about this design. I've got this obsession with crossing puzzle games with more reflex based games and the so far titled "Space Ballz" is just that.

So here's whats going on: Your goal in every level is to score a set amount of points in a given amount of time (the time part is not implemented yet). To score points, you need to steer your ship into the colored balls being shot around the enviroment. As you collide with balls they are put into a chain behind you. Now you can cash them in for points - simply right click and all the balls will break and you will earn points if they are all the same color. The moment you collect a ball that is not the same color as the ones in your chain all the balls will be tossed back into the enviroment. You need at least 2 balls to score any points but the amount you earn increases drastically with each ball in the chain - so your risk is that you could lose everything while potentially getting a killer chain.

What we've got here is the basics to the game. Once I get the timer part implemented (for the next proto that is task #1) then I'll try to put out a few levels. So for now, focus on the controls and tell me what you think!

2 comments:

Theo said...

I like it! Although my biggest complaint is that the ship seems very slow and slippery. I'll be heading towards a ball and it'll rebound off the wall (heh, balls to the wall), so I'll have to turn, but my momentum is still taking me in my original direction - which happens to hold a color I don't want. POOH! If the balls were slowed down or the ship sped up I think it would feel better.

Naveen Nattam said...

thanks theo. I'll get right on slowing the ballz down.