Digital Heroes

Felt like I should post something. So right now I'm still going strong at work for WMS. It has definitely been getting more and more stimulating and interesting. I haven't started my side project yet. I think I'll end up waiting till after October. Laura has been working like mad on the wedding and I'm trying to step up to do more to help. In my free time after work, I've been still going pretty strong into the Too Human Demo. I'm compleltly head-over-heels for this game. I will acknowledge that it could still be a let down but so far it has proven to be just the right game at the right time. I discovered some more stuff with using the ranged melee attacks and for classes like the defender and bio-engineer, this proves to be amazingly effective with hammer-class weapons. The ranged attack will do a half-circle in front of you and can take out tons of guys at the same time.

I normally don't read extended universe books (for any world) but I finally picked up Dan Abnett's Horus Rising. Its actually pretty good if you are into the Warhammer 40k universe. Since this is giving more information on events that actually change the world (where most extended universe books have to keep the world relatively the same), its actually keeping me intersted. Hearing Horus talk about wanting peace and seeing the first arrival of demonic infestation into the Astrates is actually pretty haunting. If you are a fan of the Horus Heresy storyline in 40k, I highly reccomend the first book. Depending on how it turns out, I'll probably go and grab the next one.

To tie the first 2 paragrahps together, I've noticed that Too Human really reminds me of the Primarchs from Warhammer 40k. Primarchs were described as super soldiers who were even mighter then the Astrates (who are technically super soliders in their own right). In the current storyline of Warhammer 40k, it has been 10,000 years since the Primarchs walked amongst men so there deeds have become legendary and they are revered as gods. Too Human gives me the vibe that I'm playing as a Primarch or that this what they were capable of. Its really the first game that I've felt captures the spirit of one of the best parts of the 40k universe and is probably doing it inadvertently. I think that has added a whole other layer of appreciation to this game for me.

No comments: