The Day after the Last Day of the Last Month

The last classes ended on Friday. Things went pretty well. MAR1 (Machine Artchitechture) was pretty challenging and I learned a lot about how low-level stuff works when it comes to computers. OpenGL was a fun class in general. I really like the OpenGL API much better then DirectX. It is just a lot more friendly and you only have to know a few key commands to get around a lot of stuff. We had to put on a project for OpenGL which I ended up liking quit a bit since I tried approaching it with a data-driven design. I also learned a lot about the dangers of DLLs versus static libraries.

I got a good weekend to relax before classes start Monday. I was lucky enough to pre-order Hellgate: London and get into the beta. I can't say a lot since there is a NDA associated with the beta, but I will say it is awesome! So I had a good time with that and spent a lot of time with Laura. She is kind of nervous right now since Animation Mentor is about to start back up and she will be working on her short film again. She has a good attitude regardless of her nerves though and I think she will do well.

So I went ahead and updated my TODO schedule. I need to get back on development with Zombpocolyse. I am going to be working on the tile editor this week. The objective is that once the editor is done, I am going to start building a working demo with just a basic survival mode. This will be a tech test to see if I can use the nav graph and tile editor. I'll also be working on the basics of combat and trying out some new approaches. I am excited to get working on the gameplay after what I coded for my SGP project. I didn't think I was much of a gameplay guy, but after using the system we devised for SGP, I found myself reallying getting into it.

So, by the end of the week: Map Editor with Navigation Graph Editor and Tile Editor.

Till next time,
Excelsior!

No comments: