Update from the Front

Okay first off, sorry to any family/friends that have been nice enough to check out this blog and are dissapointed that I have not updated. I'm still getting used to the concept of a blog and I'm finding it requires some level of discipline. I'll work on it. I promise :)

So things at school are going fairly well. The firs t semester (reminder: semesters at Full Sail are 1 month long) is wrapping up tommorow. Classes went well though I was very bored with them. The only perk that came from em was getting to know my classmates. Most of these guys are pretty cool and some are very young (first time away from home). The group I was randomly assigned too at the beggining of the semester for my Game Design class kind of look at me as the "experienced guy" after I started showing them some of my projects from college. Its a new feeling for me being the "expereinced guy" and I'm still trying damn hard to remain humble about the whole thing.

Going a little bit further on that topic, I am finding there are many kids here that want to be hotshots. I can tell they are aspiring to be the ass kickers in this program. While this is a great goal, there is a general lack of being humble. Some egos are slowly inflating and I hope that these kids remember modesty counts for a whole hell of a lot when it comes to gaining respect of your peers. My group essentially won a best in class on our preliminary game design and I simply smiled, said thank you, and sat back down. It was a nice feeling to win but I simply didn't let it get to me and inflate my head. Many classmates thanked me and I didn't launch into a whole "Well we really worked hard and were awesome and great". All I did was nod and smile and say "you too."

Allright time to get back to work! Time to work on some basic AI!

1 comment:

Laura "Sko" said...

Yeah, this is so important. I haven't met too many arrogant animators. I guess there were some at Purdue, but anymore, the type of people I talk to are the type who have been around and sort of know the ropes that people like to see hard work, but they don't want to hear about it... and they sure as hell don't want to hear someone gloating about a win.