I Lied

I lied about going back to the basics. I'm gonna work on a nice simple version of Pong instead.

It'll be a good excercise in the basics but I gots to get my oop on.

One thing I have to do this time around is keep in simple. My 2d side scroller is so big and bloated so I am going to take a step back and make a much simpler game. Pong has well established rules and will be a nice challenge to make a complete working version. I'll still be using allegro to handle all my graphics but I am going to be focusing mostly on tightening my design. I've decided to remove my "physics" manager and just merge it into the game objects. This will make one less manager and be a little simpler. The only problem I have now is finding a way to pass the update time interval...but I think I know a way around this (may not be the best way but it will work).

On top of that...I need to take the advice of my fiance a lot more then I do. She was encouraging me to play some games and chill out a bit. Recently I have been finding myself sort of 'overwhelmed' with programming. Its times like this that I have to remind myself why I want to get into this industry. That was answered today when my Fallout Collection came in the mail. OMG...I can't be happier. These are 3 of the best games ever made. I just booted up Fallout 1 this morning and after finally closing down and heading back to the desktop...my brain was fully energized and ready to start working. Thank god for Laura, she always knows what I need.

1 comment:

Laura "Sko" said...

Babe, we can all be the wiser for our better halves. I need you too, ya know. Ka-hyuck! Goarsh!