Round Screens

Laura had to get some work done this weekend so I sat down and started going through that checklist I made in ColorNote on my phone. First big thing was adding the "game flow" stuff. For now this is a Round Start screen then go to the game and then to a Round Over which goes back to Round Start. I've decided for fun to add make these screens appear as places in the game world. The camera pans to them (and in the case of Round Start) will load the next level. This kind of gives the game a seamless transition - however my design skills are awful and I need to find some things that look cool to make those screens have more impact.

Any ideas?



3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mike Belotti said...

I like the transition idea. Here's something I thought of: have the "get ready/click to continue" text off to the right AND left of the level...then, when you win, the camera pans to the right to show the text...then snaps to the text on the left and pans back to the center (or where the player starts). This will make it seem like you have a long strip of levels when in fact you only have one--if that's what you might want.

If that's kind of confusing, let me know; I'll try and diagram it out.

P.S. You use ColorNote too? Yeah, it's pretty good!

Naveen Nattam said...

Yeah you will have to draw me something not sure I follow! Thx for suggesting!