This things I believe

It has finally hit me like a 19.75 lb bag of bricks that I messed up my personal programming education. I zeroed in on a select few topics with such a mighty passion that I ignored a lot of fundamentals. There are so many things I don't know that I'm finding now are serious weakness that make me look like a fool.

I've been moping for a bit. I think I need to change that. So here is my list (this is really for me):

  • Algorithm Analysis
  • Sorting Algorithms
  • Unit Testing
  • Memory Manager - I've done this before...but it was so long ago
  • Data Structures for sorting operation
  • Multi-threading
These are things I need to start improving. I'll need to come up with plans!

2 comments:

MH said...

Heavy floating point knowledge. Write a BSP compiler that takes Quake 1 .MAP files and builds a BSP tree out of it.

Naveen Nattam said...

on it chief - is it hard to render the environment from a map using some simple openGL?