Smashout

Hey ho everyone. I'm going to make more of an effort to prevent MONTH LONG abscensces from my blog. So here we go. The start of a new leaf.

First, as my Dad always does in his lecture, a joke.

And now for my opening statements.

So I am in month 2 of my Final Project. At Full Sail, this essentially 5 month long class is the culmination of your education. In theory, all of the skills and tricks you learned all collide into one massive mash up of programming (and in theory a little design). We spend the first two months doing prep work and then that last three in hard core production. The experience is pretty intimitading to even think about but so far my team is doing well.

The game we have planned on making is called Smashout. For the most part, it is a Peggle-esque game with a little pinball and break out thrown in for good measure. But hey! No more talking! Give it a shot:

Download Smashout Proof of Concept Here

This is an early iteration of the game. The rules have not been fully implemented. Here are the controls:

Use the LMB (left mouse button) to click and drag on the large multi-colored blocks. This will rotate them. Use these to deflect the small ball. Try to break all the small blocks (bricks) without losing the ball 5 times (if it falls out the bottom you lose it). Hold down the RMB (right mouse button) to slow the ball down and give yourself more time.

Any and all thoughts are welcome. I won't post all the rules to the game just yet. Just see if you can complete the objective I've laid out here.

If you win, I'll email you a cookie.

No comments: