The ever chaning ways of the game enthusiast

While I prefer some genre's to others and I do enjoy certain settings more then others, I find that my interests at the moment are constantly cycling as a game player. Here is a good example: I bought Dragon Age in January thirsting for an Tactical RPG - something I hadn't really played in awhile. DA was a great success in my mind and I was seeing the rest of my games fall to the wayside. I became increasingly excited by DA:Awakening that was coming in March. It seemed that this game would just never stop going for me. To top it off, Dawn of War 2's expansion pack was coming at the same time I was going to be overflowing in awesome tactical combat games but what I always fail to predict is that by the release of both expansions, my interest in tactical games was getting lower and lower. So now, even though Dawn of War 2 : Chaos Rising and DA:Awakening just released, I opted to buy Bioshock 2 (downloading right now) to do something a little different. I'm very much craving a fast paced shooter and I know that if I try to keep playing DA and DoW2, I'll just kick em aside for way to long.

Also waiting to get some feedback on Space Ballz before I get back on the horse there. So until then, send all messages to Rapture.

2 comments:

Theo said...

I'm curious: what spurred you to add the drop off points? It seems that it discourages making long chains for fear of losing it on the way to the drop of point.

Naveen Nattam said...

good question caller,

A major flaw in the game was simply sitting next to a cannon and grabbing the ball you want. You barely have to adjust your position to maintain a decent sized chain and then all you have to do is right click. The drop off points force you to navigate the environment even if you do park near a cannon.