Watercooler Chat for Dummies

Awhile back, I was talking to my older brother and discussing how my dis-interest in sports has a big effect around the halls of my job. A lot of "watercooler" talk is around sports and then eventually leads to topics I can chime in on (like movies, games, etc). He told me to just call him and he can tell me what is up that week in sports. Then it hit me. Guys like me need a site that does that. Obviously ESPN and the like have that information but its a little tough to swallow if you don't already know what you are looking for. So what I am purposing is a site that is directed at people like me who don't care about sports but want to know what people are talking about that week. The site would tell you what teams are playing, what are famous rivalries, and what are the highlights to remember and most importantly WHY you should remember them. Hopefully with this information you can stage an interest and break into a conversation and at least get friendlier with people you work with.

Watercooler Chat for Dummies.

2 comments:

Spurgeon said...

What a great idea. I have had the same issue. I only follow one sport and have tried to get into watching and following others but there is so much information required to get into it it's overwhelming. So a site that would send out e-mail updates let's say on Fri or so to say hey if you get a chance look for this and this is why. Then on Monday morning it would send out what actually happened the previous weekend.

Naveen Nattam said...

totally!