And thats my two cents - Part 1

Warning: This is another Too Human Related post. I have an idea for a more "my life" post and I'll try to do that later.

I've been able to get a lot of time in with the game over the last week. Sunday, whilst in Fort Wayne, I had the entire house to myself and got to hook my 360 up to my parents insanely large HDTV along with the floor shaking sound system. Sitting happily in a living room I'll never be able to afford, I got to play a ton of Too Human and found out some pretty interesting things.

When getting the game, I played with my bud Doug as a Bio-Engineer (Doug took on the role of a Defender) and we worked our way though the first 1 1/2 levels. By the Ice Forest (Level 2) we were getting our asses handed to us (on top of it being extremly late) and decided to call it a night. We decided that we chose the 2 lowest damage output classes and made a pretty terrible team. The fun part came when on the weekend when I took the Bio-Engineer and respeced him. Before I was attempting to make a pure ranged engineer which does not work because he simply does not have enough natural skills to augment it (making you rely solely on gear). The repsec had him focus on 2-handed weapons (using ranged to take out pesky Trolls, etc). Even though the engineer is slow, the fact that I could heal myself let me stay in the middle of the fight or focus one guy while he was in the air. I also started getting more Fierce attack bonus gear which helped round out my problems. I noticed a crazy change in the amount of damange and survivability of my character. My only problem now is that I've realized the Human Alignment tree is much more appealing so I will be recreating my engineer so he can focus on combo efficiency for heals and fierce attacks (both of which the Human tree focuses on). My engineer is still a support role when in co-op but I changed up how he does it.

I've come to understand that with Too Human, you really have to set out with a goal in mind for your character. The Alignment trees are more about how you like to play then whats better for your character. This is kind of the first time I've played a game where you have more fun with the more you put into it. Kind of a bizzare concept.

No comments: